We have worked with many schools and community groups to transform their green spaces both for the benefit of wildlife and for the communities that use them.
Projects can involve:
- creation of forest school areas, ponds, nature trails, educational materials, ID guides, outdoor dens, dipping platforms, raised beds and minibeast hotels
- management of green spaces, meadows, woodlands, hedgerows and pond restoration
- designing of community gardens, allotments and forest school/outdoor learning areas
- planting of sensory and wildlife benefiting plants e.g. herbs, flowers, hedges, trees
- installation of interpretation boards/educational materials, benches, bird and bat boxes and geocaches
- organising and running walks, events and talks
If you would like to work with us on a project in your local school or community please get in touch with our partnership officers Lucy Sawyer-Boyd or Stephanie Johnson who will be happy to discuss this with you. Also if you have an idea for a project but have yet to secure funding we can also assist you with finding and applying for appropriate funds.
Our outdoor learning section of the website also details other services we can provide for schools.