North West Kent Countryside Partnership was established in 1984 using funds from the then Countryside Commission (now Natural England), the Environment Agency, Kent County Council, and local authorities. North West Kent Countryside Partnership was developed out of a desire to the help the environment and local community. Since its inception over twenty years ago, we have worked hard to provide support where it’s most needed to schools, local community groups, parish and district councils and private landowners.
We are a not-for-profit organisation working in the boroughs of Bexley, Dartford, Gravesham and Sevenoaks on a wide variety of conservation and community projects. Working with local communities, landowners, statutory bodies and community organisations to conserve the area’s countryside and green spaces. We are part of a network of Countryside Partnerships that covers the county of Kent, delivering a wide range of conservation and environmental projects in association with Kent County Council.
The North West Kent Countryside Partnership operates with the following aims:
- Conserve and enhance the natural and cultural heritage and
the biodiversity of North West Kent.
- Conserve and enhance the special landscape character of North West Kent.
- Support, work in partnership with, and assist communities and local groups to undertake projects and practical action that conserves their local environment, urban green space and countryside.
- Develop opportunities for all members of the public to explore the countryside of the Partnership Area that are sustainable and support the other aims of the Partnership.
- Promote respect and understanding of the countryside and increase knowledge of the issues that affect rural areas and the countryside around towns.
- Promote and utilise the social and health benefits of the countryside and rural environment for both urban and rural communities.
- Develop sustainable tourism opportunities that support the rural economy and benefit the countryside.
We are hiring!
The North West Kent Countryside Partnership is recruiting a new Countryside Partnership Officer. Based at our office at Hall Place, Bexley, you will be working across north west Kent in the boroughs of Bexley, Dartford, Sevenoaks and Gravesham.
Your role will be to manage a range of conservation and community projects which could include river enhancements, school grounds projects, chalk grassland maintenance, tree planting, community garden creation, wildlife surveys, managing our volunteer groups, leading walks and talks in the countryside, and more besides!
We’re looking for someone with strong countryside management skills and a passion for linking people with nature. If you’d like to talk through the role in more detail, please call Mary Tate on 03000 414 833 or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications will be on Friday 10th March
For more information and how to apply click here: